Planning on attending AUC-American Medical University of the Caribbean?
Cupecoy Beach Club is a medical student’s housing Solution! Read more about our housing options
• American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) has provided students with quality medical education since 1978 and has over 5,000 graduates who are licensed and practicing medicine throughout the world.
• AUC is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM). AUC students are eligible to sit for the USMLE, obtain U.S. Federal Financial Aid if qualified, become active members of the American Medical Student Association (AMSA) and, upon graduation, obtain residency and licensure throughout the United States.
• The curriculum is equivalent to U.S. medical schools, with five semesters of medical sciences taught at the St. Maarten campus, followed by four-and-a-half semesters of clinical sciences taught at affiliated hospitals in the United States and England.
• AUC has more than 500 medical science and clinical faculty members who have been trained at some of the finest medical institutions in the world.
• AUC faculty are committed teachers, scientists, scholars and physicians who hold a M.D. or a Ph.D. and represent diverse backgrounds in medical research and practice.
• AUC has modern classroom and laboratory facilities, including a virtual imaging anatomy lab, research lab, and comprehensive medical library.
• Students can live on campus in furnished dormitory units with kitchens, spectacular views and recreational amenities.
• The campus reflects the charm and character of St. Maarten— safe, beautiful and tranquil.
• The cultural and racial diversity at AUC prepares students for interacting in an increasingly international professional life with compassion and empathy.
• Many entering students have recently completed pre-medical undergraduate coursework; however, AUC also has non-traditional students who have been practicing as allied health professionals or who are changing careers.
• The faculty, students and spouses at AUC form a strong, supportive community and participate in a wide variety of campus organizations and outreach programs.